Want to cut down on your energy usage? Below are a few simple and convenient ways to reduce your energy consumption and help cut your energy costs.
Use a humidifier. Humidity makes you feel warmer in colder months. With the proper humidity level, you’ll be able to turn your thermostat down to a lower temperature, save energy and still feel comfortable. About 20 percent to 40 percent relative humidity is recommended.
When buying new appliances, be sure to purchase energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® labeled models.
Replace old windows with new high performance dual pane windows.
Clean the lint filter of your dryer. After each load, clean the filter to keep the dryer running efficiently. Check the air vent and hose for clogging, as this will prevent a fire hazard.
Run full loads. Always wait until you have a full load before running your dishwasher. Full loads use the same amount of hot water and energy as smaller loads. You run fewer loads and save energy.
Fix defective plumbing or dripping faucets. A single dripping hot water faucet can waste 212 gallons of water a month. That not only increases water bills, but also increases the gas or electric bill for heating the water.
Don’t peek in the oven. Resist the urge to open the oven door while baking. Every time you peek, the temperature drops 25° F and requires additional energy to bring the temperature back up.
Install shades, awnings or sunscreens on windows to block summer light. In winter, open shades on sunny days to help warm rooms.
Close the damper when the fireplace is not being used. Try not to use the fireplace and central heating system at the same time.
What is energy deregulation?
The idea behind energy deregulation is that competitive markets benefit the customer because it forces suppliers to compete on price and allows them to create unique products and services. In a deregulated market you decide who you will buy from, when you will buy and how long your contract term will be.
How does deregulation work?
• You choose a new supplier for your electricity or natural gas supply
• Your service and delivery will still be provided through your current local utility
• Suppliers, like XOOM and Planet Energy, buy electricity or natural gas supply and have it delivered to the local utility
• The utility then distributes the electricity or natural gas to your home or business
Why choose an energy provider through ACN?
• More Options: variety of plans and pricing options
• Price Certainty: choose programs based on the price certainty you need with options to lock in your rate or have your rate fluctuate with the market
• Same Reliable Service: no change in the delivery or maintenance of your natural gas or electricity service
Through deregulation of energy markets across the U.S., ACN is putting your energy services in your control.
To order services....